Dont Know How to pray? Read Psalm 51

If you are not sure how to pray, read Psalm 51 and make it your prayer.

Psalm 51:1-17

1 Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to Your loving kindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
Blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
And cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions,
And my sin is always before me.

4 Against You, You only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in Your sight--
That You may be found just when You speak,
And blameless when You judge.

5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.

6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8 Make me hear joy and gladness,
That the bones You have broken may rejoice.

9 Hide Your face from my sins,
And blot out all my iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.

14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
The God of my salvation,
And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.

15 O Lord, open my lips,
And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.

16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart--
These, O God, You will not despise.

Confession is one of the key principle for a prayer to be answered.

David was one of the worst sinners in the world.He committed adultery,conceived a child out of wed lock,and killed a man.Yet God said "This is a man after my own heart." 1 sameul 13:14 why did god say this about David?If anybody confessed quickly after having his sin pointed out to him,it was David.He was completely honest about his sin.He didn't make excuses;he admitted that he had sinned against God.This amazing thing made his prayer life powerful.

When David confessed,he said "Against you,you only,have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight".When we sin we sin against God's nature and character,His purity and righteousness,His love and grace.David confessed,"I have done what is evil in your sight,so that you are proved right when you speak and justify when you judge.'You call it sin,and You are right,God."

If you continue to play with sin and don't agree with God about it,it will destroy you.What you have been deserving in your life will never happen,for you will be the ruination of your own pursuits.Think about what God is saying.Confession doesn't mean merely bringing up your past.It means agreeing with and obeying God immediately when He shows that you are wrong. Then God will draw near to you.He will say,"I like this person.HE'S SOMEONE AFTER MY OWN HEART.He has a mind like Mine.He cannot abide deceit."

If you have done something wrong,confess it quickly.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.-1 John 1:9


Post a Comment

0 Comments